20100905

I'm 21 years old and I realized that I spent too much time doing nothing and I decided to change it. Have you made any changes to your life recently? : AskReddit

I'm 21 years old and I realized that I spent too much time doing nothing and I decided to change it. Have you made any changes to your life recently? : AskReddit: "About one year ago I was fed up with my lifestyle. I saw that I wasn't going in the direction I wanted to go. I was the guy who says 'I'm going to do it tomorrow', I was lazy, I wanted to travel, but I was a student so I didn't have any money and the money I had, I spent it on stuff that I could easily survive without and I spent too much time on the internet.

So, one year later I have made some changes and finally started to do the things that I was always going to do.

*I decided to start walking to school to save gas money. Two weeks later I sold my car and now I walk or run everywhere.

*After that I used the money to move to another country for couple of months and work and learn the language.

*I learned how to cook properly and I decided set myself a goal... That I would invite friends over for dinner at least once a week. If I don't, I have to make it up the next week and invite two group of friends.

*I started to bake my own bread.

*I started to fish, and now I eat smoked fish almost every day with my home baked bread.

*I got a rifle and I started hunting.

*I'll be getting a diving license after one month.

*I learned how to brew my own beer.

*I quit law school and I'm starting film school next semester.

*I bought a sewing machine and I started to make my own simple t-shirts. Now I can make my own shirts, ties, bags, sweaters and jeans. If someone asks me 'nice shirt! where did you buy it?' it saves my week.

*I made a screen printer and I've been selling some shirts with my own prints. I don't like that people buy stuff from me just because they know me and want to be nice, so my friends don't know that I'm selling these shirts.

*If I buy clothes, I only buy them from the red cross and I tailor them self if I they don't fit. This has saved me a lot of money, AND I get more quality clothes there for 1-2$ than I would get for 150$ in a store, just because they are used.

*I started working out. I have gained 11 kg/s of muscles and I have much better stamina.

*I bought a little one man sailboat that I'm fixing.

*I downgraded my internet connection.

*I read at least 3 books in a month.

*I stopped eating candy... but I still drink soda.

*I take better care of my friends.

And I'm just starting.

The funny thing about this is that I decided to do all this just because I read some random thread on reddit one year ago about a guy who made some changes about his own life. I hope that this will inspire some more people.